IES’s mission is to provide excellence in education provision within an international perspective.
The International Education Systems group (IES) promotes the development of young people who will have the capacity to contribute proactively to the ongoing work towards a better world. Through dynamic programmes, IES will strive to develop leaders for the future who are collaborative, communicative, enquiring, respectful and creative individuals with a passion for lifelong learning. IES students will be encouraged to integrate effectively in the local, national and international communities through the diverse opportunities afforded to them.
- Are members of a worldwide network of international schools which work together, share expertise, and offer cultural and linguistic exchanges;
- Focus on the individual student, through small classes, mentoring and a system of personalised learning;
- Stress internationalism, whether through IB programmes or national programmes that include an emphasis on internationalism;
- Privilege language learning as a key skill in a globalised world;
- Promote academic rigour;
- Stress the development of character, self-discipline and learning how to learn;
- Are flexible about the distinctive needs of the different societies and communities which they serve.
The IES Board and senior management team comprises a team of experts, whose combined knowledge of best practice in education, at an international level, is unique in their field. All the members of the team are highly qualified in their areas of individual expertise, with many years as practitioners in the field of private education.
Setting the team apart from other organisations working in the field, is the fact that the individual members have been working cooperatively for a considerable period of time. They understand and share a philosophy and ethos as to the role of private education in today’s society. This enables a degree of coherence in organisation, planning and development rarely found in educational institutions.
IES currently has 10 schools, two in England, three in South Africa, one in Hungary, one in Italy, one in Slovenia, one in Panama and one in the USA.
This coherence is complemented by a consonance between planning and application. The IES educational project is much more than theory- it is reality in practice. A key element of the project is the opportunity for pupils of schools within the organisation, both nationally and internationally, to develop bonds of common educational and social endeavour – encompassing both curricular and extra-curricular activities. Thus an IES pupil will become a member of an international learning community, developing intellectual and social horizons beyond the territorial boundaries of any one country.
IES’s plan is to acquire directly, or contract manage, a growing number of schools distributed throughout the United Kingdom and the United States.